Order of words matters in a Moodle quiz gapfill question?

Order of words matters in a Moodle quiz gapfill question?

by Harry Kalantzis -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

We have set up a gapfill question, where students need to drag and drop some words to fill in blanks.

Part of the question says "Cash and a broad range of investments (such as: [word 1], [word 2], [word 3], [word 4])"

And student need to drop the relevant words in the gaps.

The thing is the order of these words doesn't matter. 

Students should get full marks whichever order they specify the correct choices (eg [word 2], [word 4], [word 1], [word 3]), but it appears that they have to state them in the order in the model answer in order to get full marks. 

Is there any way to set up the question that indicates that those four items can be in any order?

We are on Moodle 3.7.2

Many thanks.

Harry

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Harry Kalantzis

Re: Order of words matters in a Moodle quiz gapfill question?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
What you are looking for I have called No Duplicates mode, though perhaps Any Order mode would be a better description. Read about it here
https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Gapfill_question_type#No_Duplicates_Mode
The canonical example I give is
What are the olympic medals [gold|silver|bronze] [gold|silver|bronze] [gold|silver|bronze]
And the name No duplicates comes from the idea that if a student enters any duplicates, i.e. gold, gold, gold, the duplicates should be discarded and the student only awarded 1 mark and not three, despite all three answers being correct.
Average of ratings: Useful (4)
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Order of words matters in a Moodle quiz gapfill question?

by Harry Kalantzis -
Ah, thanks man. That's really helpful and it makes sense. I should have scrolled further down in Moodle Docs!

Much appreciated.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)