Private files: can I use them in quizzes?

Private files: can I use them in quizzes?

by Luigi Esposito -
Number of replies: 1

I wrote some questions using some images from my "private files" folder. The questions are shown well, and the quiz also worked well.
Now, if I go into "Manage private files" from my Dashboard, I expected to view all the resources in which I used each image (as a link).
A list box appears: There are x alias/shortcut files that use this file as their source.
But that box only shows me references to "page" resources.
If I imported an image (as a link) into a question, the "Manage private files" box only shows the word "Undisclosed".

So, my question is: can I use private files (as links) in quizzes?
I wouldn't want it to cause inconsistency in the question bank or in the quizzes. I'm scared by the word "Undisclosed"...

Thanks in advance,

Luigi

PS: I've Moodle 3.7.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luigi Esposito

Re: Private files: can I use them in quizzes?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hello Luigi,

What you say is right.

"Undisclosed" does not seem to appear in MoodleDocs or in the Tracker.

MoodleDocs does not mention that aliases cannot be used in quizzes, except with the Essay question type. (https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Working_with_files#Areas_in_which_aliases_cannot_be_made)

So, my feeling is that it shouldn't be a problem, but you should really check it out for yourself. Having the actual link to the quiz rather than the word "undisclosed" should be considered an improvement for which you could open a Tracker issue.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)