Interactive video

Interactive video

by Mya Ngal -
Number of replies: 10

Could you please let me know if there is any other video by not using H5p video because it can't be changed into mp4 format. My moodle version is 3.6.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mya Ngal

Re: Interactive video

by C Behan -

Mya,

It's not the direct answer to your question but just to let you know (in case you are not aware) that it is possible to convert video from many formats to mp4 using VLC player.

Catherine

In reply to C Behan

by Mya Ngal -
Dear Catherine,

exported .h5p file type is not video supported format type
In reply to Mya Ngal

by C Behan -
Hi Mya,

Can you explain the scenario in more detail please? Did you download a h5p interactive video file from somewhere and want people to be able to use it?
Maybe if you clearly outline the steps of how you got what you have, and what exactly you are trying to achieve very clearly, we might be better able to advise.

Catherine
In reply to C Behan

by Mya Ngal -
Yeah. I downloaded it from moodle original plugins website. Then i installed it to Moodle database. I am trying to add quiz in video and want users have to answer it to continue video.
In reply to Mya Ngal

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Mya Ngal -
Yeah , I already tried that one. But it is not supported for interactive video , it's like watch video and answer questions.
I want to try a kind of video that questions are appeared in the middle of the video and students need to answer that for their grades while playing video.
Any suggestions except H5p ?
In reply to Mya Ngal

by Mark Whitington -

You could develop an interactive video outside of Moodle using something like Adobe Captivate or Articulate Storyline then bring the published file into Moodle.

In reply to Mark Whitington

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That would be my recommendation--I use Camtasia. It works. It reports completion (if you publish as scorm). If the video is especially large, though, it can impact server performance.

In reply to Mark Whitington

by Mya Ngal -
Thanks for your advice. I'll try it.
In reply to Mya Ngal

by Brendon Hatcher -
Hi

I am not affiliated with them, but I use their products... Have a look at iSpring (https://www.ispringsolutions.com/)
I create PowerPoint slides, and then use one of their tools to create HTML objects for inclusion in Moodle.
They also have SCORM-compatible outputs for interactive quizzes.

Regards
Brendon