I am doing a clean install of Moodle 3.8+ (Build: 20191129) using 

Apache2.4.41
PHP7.2.25
MySQL5.7.28

I get to the server checks and get the following warnings:

1. php_extension - intl  must be installed and enabled
2 .php_extension - fileinfo must be installed and enabled
3. php_setting - opcache.enable

I have done a file earch for the "php_intl.dll" and it does not exist on my system.  I think it is a Windows file and my system in Linux.

Accoding to the check page I must solve all the environmental problems (errors) found above before proceeding to install this Moodle version!

I am totally stuck.  Any help would be a blessing!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ric Robinson

Re: Problems wityh PHP_Extentions and OPCACHE.enable

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Typically, opcache is optional. You might need to provide a screenshot if you sense that Moodle is saying that opcache is required.

For intl and fileinfo, if your system is Linux, then these two php extensions must be enabled. Somehow, you will need to figure this out. I am not a network system admin, but someone else here might jump in and help. My guess is that you are going to have to provide more information about your server in order to get better help.

On my own Linux VPS, I go into the VPS control panel (cPanel) and enable these.
In reply to Ric Robinson

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

What 'flavor' of Linux?  Ubuntu, CentOS, etc. (has to do with package manager which is how linux boxen installs software - apt-get vs yum vs dnf [Dandified YUM for CentOS 8] vs ?), version?  and how hosted?   Dedicated server where you are only customer ... can su to root ... or shared service?

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ric Robinson

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
.dll files are windows only.

Adding these extensions and where to make changes to settings depends on your flavour of Linux and how hosted and/or if you are using some sort of VM. Bit more detail needed.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Ric Robinson -
Thanks to all for your replies. I was able to resolve the problem through contacting the server host company and having them install and enable "fileinfo" and "opcache". I did not have access or ability to do this from my web account. Once installed and enabled, the remainder of the install went smoothly.
In reply to Ric Robinson

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Thanks for reporting your success!

Now you are on to bigger and better things.