Closing automatically a platform

Closing automatically a platform

by Emanuele Peri -
Number of replies: 7

I am looking for a method to limit the access to the platform automatically, setting a specific date and time.

In detail: I would like users not to be able to log in the platform after a specific date. In this way, the site will become navigable only as a non-registered user.

Alternatively, I would be fine with the same procedure avoiding access to individual courses, but keeping the report information for each previously registered user.

Unfortunately I didn't find any settings or solutions on the internet to reach my goal.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.I am looking for a method to limit the access to the platform automatically.

In detail: I would like users not to be able to log in the platform after a specific date. In this way, the site will become navigable only as a non-registered user.

Alternatively, I would be fine with the same procedure avoiding access to individual courses, but keeping the report information for each previously registered user.

Unfortunately I didn't find any settings or solutions on the internet to reach my goal.

Thank you in advance for your attention and help.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Emanuele Peri

Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Do you mean *all* users, or do you want to set a specific date for each user (for example, they can use the site for 90 days after registering)?
In reply to Howard Miller

Ri: Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Emanuele Peri -
Hi Howard,
I mean all users. Users are already registered on the platform, and later I would like to block their access to the platform from December 31st to 11.59 pm.

Re: Ri: Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should be able to use Bulk_user_actions to suspend (almost) everybody.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Emanuele Peri -
I saw the documentation, but unfortunately with that I can only do predefined actions. furthermore, I cannot set a timer to perform the operation that I need.

Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Howard Miller -
I'm not sure why you need a timer. If it's everybody on a certain date, why not do it manually?

Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Ri: Re: Closing automatically a platform

by Emanuele Peri -
because I will not work the day the change is needed

Ri: Closing automatically a platform

by Emanuele Peri -
I believe I have found a solution by linking access to the various sections / topics of the single course ( edit topic > restrict access > add restriction > date).

The courses I'm managing are subdivided by topics that containing all the activities and the modules are hidden, made inaccessible starting from the date set.

The result is that when the student enters the course he sees all the empty sections with a message like: Restricted Access - Access allowed until the end of December 5, 2019.