up until now our backup included all of /moodledata
it occured to me, that this might be wasteful, and it would be better just to backup /moodledata/lang and /moodledata/filedir
could someone confirm that all the other directory are just caches that can be safely deleted / not included into a backup?
- /moodledata/cache - pretty sure this is a cache
- /moodledata/filedir - the files, to be included in backup
- /moodledata/lang - the language packs, included in backup
- /moodledata/localcache - pretty sure this is also just a cache
- /moodledata/models - another cache?
- /moodledata/muc - ???
- /moodledata/temp - sounds like temporary cache to me
- /moodledata/trashdir - sounds like it also can be safely deleted
this info should probably be included into https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Site_backup or https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/index.php?title=Moodledata_directory&redirect=no