Wrong answers

Wrong answers

by Sangeeta K -
Number of replies: 6
Can anyone Please help me...

Is there any way in short answer section that if student get wrong answer still they go to next page instead of going to the same question till they get it right.

Sangeeta
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sangeeta K

Re: Wrong answers

by Mark Nielsen -
Hi Sangeeta,

Turn Custom Scoring On in the Lesson settings.

Then, for each page, all questions jump to "Next Page" or where ever you want the student to go, and then right answers have a score of 1 or greater and wrong answers have a score of 0 or less.

Cheers,
Mark
In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Sangeeta K -
Hi Mark,

I have turned Custom Score as "Yes" in lesson settings, Max attempt as 1 and no re-take, but when it is a wrong answer it still goes to the same question till I put a right answer for it.

I am doing something wrong. I might be doing silly mistake.

Regards
Sangeeta
In reply to Sangeeta K

by Mark Nielsen -
Set the Jump value for each answer to Next Page

There also may be a bug with the Max Attempt setting, but unfortunately, I do not have the time to investigate it right now.

Cheers,
Mark
In reply to Mark Nielsen

by Sangeeta K -
Hi Mark,

I have done all these, but I think I will try Quiz now.

Regards
Sangeeta
In reply to Sangeeta K

by Cory B -
Sangeeta,

I'm experiencing the same behavior. The only way I could find around it was to give at least 1 point for an incorrect answer. I'm going to do my best to see what's going on here.

-Cory
In reply to Sangeeta K

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
That was my question.   Somebody kindly pointed out the wildcard "*" had to be in shown as the wrong answer.   Then the jump should stick to next page or what ever.  At least it does for me in 1.5.3 .

Proof will be when you enter in something like "The opposite of black is _____"
Of course you will put "white" as the correct answer.  Now put "black" in the answer 2 and set the jump to next page, score it 0.  Go to navigation and you will see that the answer black will move you along, but an answer red will keep you same page.    Now put an * in answer3 and set the jump3 to next page.  Red, pink or even Chris, will move you to the next page.