Upgrading Moodle and Plugins

Upgrading Moodle and Plugins

by S. Ba. -
Number of replies: 2
I'm trying to upgrade from Moodle 3.5 to Moodle 3.7 However, during the upgrade the plugins i am using (example: LMB, SHaring Cart) is set to be "Missing From Disk". Is there any solution to upgrade Moodle and the plugins i am using at once? (The update notification is turned on before the upgrade process)
Average of ratings: -
In reply to S. Ba.

Re: Upgrading Moodle and Plugins

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No there isn't.

The best advice is to make a copy of your site and do a trial upgrade. I would do that by taking a clean copy of Moodle 3.7, adding all the appropriate plugins (correct versions) and then doing a test upgrade.

When you're happy, you can copy over you 'custom' Moodle (core 3.7 plus plugins) over to the live site.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to S. Ba.

Re: Upgrading Moodle and Plugins

by Guido Roessling -
Picture of Plugin developers
It probably also depends on what you mean by upgrading - if you update the code base you have (e.g., using git - leaving plugins outside the core alone), or if you essentially exchange all files in your setup with the new version (thus removing the code for plugins).