I am stuck in Moodle installation

I am stuck in Moodle installation

by Arasp Kazemian -
Number of replies: 13

Hello, 

I am stuck in moodle installation. I have tried many times, I now use moodle 3.8 and I still have the same problem. 

I cannot enter password for the admin

I cannot enter a password for the admin, furthermore, I think it used to be some pictures and graphics on this page. 

I removed the cache of moodledata As I read it in other forums as a solution, but it did not help. 

I am using Linux and centos6.5

Database MariaDB

Can you help me out? 

Thank you, 

Arasp 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arasp Kazemian

Re: I am stuck in Moodle installation

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
Is this a new installation or an upgrade? I thought you got 3.7 installed here: Teacher Oriented Website.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Arasp Kazemian -
No no, it's a fresh new installation. I also failed to install 3.7 in that forum because of the same reason.

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What web server software are you using?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Arasp Kazemian -
nginx/1.17.5

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Thought so... did you read Nginx ??

Especially the bit about 'slash arguments'
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Arasp Kazemian -
Well, what if I switch to apache instead. Will it be solved?

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Pardon intrusion ...

Depends ... in apache it's called AcceptPathInfo ... and from my experience with CentOS 6/7 servers, that's on by default with newer apache versions (older OS and older apaches it had to be added to config for apache, if I re-call correctly.).

BTW, have never been 'stuck' on that screen when using command line installs - apache/nginx taken out of the loop then ... just php and DB server.

'SoS', Ken

The proper setting of Slash arguments is not something you can avoid: https://docs.moodle.org/en/Using_slash_arguments#Enabling_slash_arguments. It is possible that the default Apache config. has it set, you not having to do anything, at least it is the case in Debian GNU/Linux and its derivatives (Ubuntu Linux for eg.)

Edit: Ken has confirmed above, it is also the default in newer CentOS.

by Howard Miller -
Yes. But you should be able to sort it in the Nginx config.

by Arasp Kazemian -
Hello, I finally managed to install moodle on ezaban.org by changing the server to Apache. 

But I have another problem, it looks weird in google chrome. take a look at the attached picture, and it is ok in Firefox! I don't know why! 

How it looks in Google Chrome
Attachment moodleo.jpg

If both browsers run on the same computer, the only thing I can think of is the browser cache. Try https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050.

BTW, your site looks normal to me.

In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Arasp Kazemian -
I did it many times, I think it is because of some possible conflicts with my google extensions. Anyway, you gave me the good news.
But still, I am struggling with Moodle 3.8. It does not send any email, no confirmation email to the new users, nothing is being sent from google. I found the Mail configuration and I found the smtp part . It does ont work.
I heard that Moodle also use phpmailer like WordPress to send emails, but I did not find it and I don't know how to enable it.

With Firefox you could create a test account and sent to a friend asking for feedback.

The e-mail thing is a different subject, you should start a new thread.