Help regarding scorm player height size

Help regarding scorm player height size

by farhan icti -
Number of replies: 2

Hi everyone, I'm currently doing an internship at a certain company and I'm tasking to create a lms with scorm compliance. Now I'm having this problems (see attachment) where the scorm player only showing half of the content with multiple scrolling bar, you can see the rest of the content but you need to scroll down, I want the player to look like this ( see attachment no2) where there is only a single scroll bar and the website is showing all the contents albeit with a little bit of scrolling needed . 

p/s: I've also tried opening in a new window, but the result is not that great, it is confusing to navigate.

tl:dr : how to view scorm file with one scrolling bar. 

Thanks.

Attachment attachment 1.png
Attachment attachment 2.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to farhan icti

Re: Help regarding scorm player height size

by Michael Milette -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Farhan,

Unfortunately the SCORM player in Moodle has lots of room for improvement in my opinion, and I agree that those double scrollbars are annoying. I am assuming that you can't created smaller content that would just fit on the screen.

If you are not using blocks, one thing you might try is to make the height of your SCORM package window incredibly tall (like 9000px). That way your SCORM content will always fit into it and you will never see the inner scrollbar.

If you have a footer for your theme, the down side to this approach is that it will appear way down. The same will happen if you have blocks on a mobile device as they end up in the footer of the page. If someone tries to print the content, they will also end up with a bunch of blank pages. You will also always end up with a scrollbar.

So it isn't idea but may work for you depending on your situation.

Best regards,

Michael Milette
In reply to Michael Milette

Re: Help regarding scorm player height size

by farhan icti -

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the suggestion, It's work! (sort of but it will do) just as you said, the inner scrollbar is gone but the footer is now in the middle of the content as well several of the SCORM function. I'll just edit the CSS theme to remove the footer and some SCORM player function without editing the core file. 

Best regards,

Farhan