Course not complete but showing 100% on dashboard

Course not complete but showing 100% on dashboard

by Ludovic Bernard -
Number of replies: 1

Hello, 

I'm facing a problem with course completion and the progress bar on the dashboard

I have set my course to be completed after:

• all activities are completed (and I tried although with any activity to be completed, but same behaviour)
  • each activity need a grade of 80 (in the gradebook)
  • minimum course grade of 80.

It seems to be working well 

course comp

Activities are working as i need, the first one is failed because the grade has not been reached, the one is passed because the grade as been reached

But as I seem to understand, as the "status" of each SCORM is set to "completed", the dashboard shows the course progress as 100%

is there a way not to show 100% complete and to show the real status of the course ?

thx a lot.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludovic Bernard

Re: Course not complete but showing 100% on dashboard

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
The dashboard is reporting completion of activities, not whether or not the course has been 'completed' according to course completion criteria. Not everyone uses course completion. I have courses which the dashboard will never show 100% on because the users have either/or criteria and if the don't do both, it says they are not 100% complete--but they get a certificate and are told they are done. And I have other courses that show 100% even though the student has not passed the class because they have completed (no pass judgement) all the activities and students complain that they didn't get credit--they completed the work but they didn't complete it with passing scores. Would it be nice if it actually ran on completion, yes. But since many users don't use course completion, it wouldn't help them. It is just supposed to be informational, not the final word.

The dashboard doesn't say you have completed the courses, it says you have completed all activities. It doesn't tell you the status of your grade or if you failed the class completely but performed all required activities. If all the requirements have been done, you still get 100% on the dashboard. It is a bit irritating but that's what it does...And that's why my boss hates the dashboard. It is really only great at saying, Hey! You're enrolled in these courses and can do stuff in them! and Hey, you were enrolled in these courses but they're over now! or Hey, there's a course you need to take! But you can't go there yet!...
On a positive note...at least the dashboard recognizes *all* activities (and resources, I think) now and not just two or three--in moodle 1.x, it only would reflect a couple of activities and then, not consistently. So this is an improvement!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)