Get all calendar items for a specific user

Get all calendar items for a specific user

by Jan Barens -
Number of replies: 0

I work at a university of applied sciences and we would like to get all calendaritems (every calendaritem that a user can see in the Moodle calendar) per user (for all the users in the DB - 5000) so we can send them to our timetable application. In the timetable application the student can see one combined calendar with items from the timetable and calendaritems from Moodle. The timetable application sends the combined calendar to Office365, and keeps it up-to-date.

We looked into the currently available Calendar API functions, but there is not a specific function available for getting all calendaritems for a specific user (only for course, group and category). There is an option to get all calendaritems for every specific course a student is enrolled in an combine that data and send it to the timetable application. Problem is that we only get course calendaritems, for example we also use the Scheduler plugin, we are missing those calendaritems. 

I also know there is an option for a user to get an iCal URL, but I can't find an option to create (automate) an iCal URL for every user without the user being logged in. 

Does anyone have a good idea how we can get these calendaritems per user as easily as possible?

For information: we use an Enterprise Service Bus that connects with the Moodle API's. We use Blackboard Open LMS in a SAAS environment, that's build on Moodle. Building custom plugins / scripts is not that easy to use in a SAAS environment. 

Average of ratings: -