Dynamic/Relative timing for a quiz

Dynamic/Relative timing for a quiz

by Beatriz Rojo -
Number of replies: 4

Hello,

is it possible (with a plugin, I guess) to set the start and end date of a quiz based not on a fixed date (f.i. from Nov-20 to Nove-25) but relative to the time a user started it (f.i. start date is the moment a user starts the attempt and end date X hours later).

The context is that our courses are always visible, and each learner enrolls at a different moment, so our quizzes cannot have any end date. But we would like to have the functionality of seeing different types of reviews when a quiz is open and when a quiz is closed.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

Re: Dynamic/Relative timing for a quiz

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Beatriz,

...start date is the moment a user starts the attempt and end date X hours later.

Is not that what 'Quiz settings / Timing / Time limit' does?

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Beatriz Rojo -
Hi Dominique, thanks for your question. Do you mean that, if I set a time limit to let's say 10 hours, after that time the quiz changes its status to "closed"? If this is the case, that would solve my doubts. I thought a quiz is only closed if there is a specific end date in the setting "Close the quiz". Can you confirm?
In reply to Beatriz Rojo

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Beatriz,

On a quiz, if I set an, Open the quiz, time and a, Close the quiz, time of say a week from this past Monday at 10:00 AM, until next Monday at 10:00 AM, then students have to have the quiz completed during the limits of that calendar date and hour time. I can then further restrict students to a, Time limit, of your suggested ten hours. That means the student can answer questions for ten hours from the time her/she starts. You also have three options of what to do with the quiz when the time limit has expired. Let's say student A starts today, right now at 10:45 AM. Then student A has ten hours to be completed at 8:45PM. Even though the quiz is still open for everyone else until next Monday, it is not possible for student A to work on or answer any more quiz questions past their individual time limit of 8:40PM.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)