How to make simple math problems using Tex

Re: How to make simple math problems using Tex

by Laurie Huber -
Number of replies: 0

Hi

I am new to this forum and a bit of a newbie to setting up online math.  I have used Moodle extensively to develop English reading and writing programs for K-12.

I have tried the cloze activity for vertical additions, but the answers always fail to line up from a place value perspective.  That is problematic with elementary grade learners since they are trying to understand place value.

I have tried the same process using Gapfill, but the multi-digit answers stack rather than forming a horizontal line.

Surely, it is time to develop tools for elementary math (multi-digit multiplication/subtraction/additions and long form division). Or, is there a tool already that does allow these questions to be done step by step, easily?

Despite what we all may think, children are not as teck-savy as they seem and they need easy to work with math activities online that go beyond multiple choice or "use a calculator and enter your answer.

Having to use tools that are painful for kids to work with only makes them less interested in math - not the direction that we want them to go.

Any suggestions for tools that might work would be greatly appreciatedsmile