Users are still enrolled in cohort groups even though they are not in the cohorts

Re: Users are still enrolled in cohort groups even though they are not in the cohorts

by John Provasnik -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
There is a setting to check.
1 - navigate to Plugins ▶︎ Enrollments / ▶︎ Manage enroll plugins
2 - click settings next to the method you are using
3 - review the setting for 'External unenroll action'
That setting should determine whether to unenroll the student or suspend them (at the course level) based on their cohort membership
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to John Provasnik

Re: Users are still enrolled in cohort groups even though they are not in the cohorts

by Sarath P -
Hi John,
Thanks for your response. The setting for Cohort sync- 'External unenroll action' is set to 'Disable course enrollment and remove roles'.
If I do not need to preserve the user grades for the unenrolled ones, I need to select the default option which is 'Unenroll user from course', correct?

by Sarath P -
Hi John,

I have a situation where a user was enrolled in course A where he made his submissions. Now he is enrolled in course B, but he is not able to view the links because of the cohort sync setting 'External unenroll action' is set to 'Disable course enrollment and remove roles'.
Is it possible to make avail of the old submissions for the students?

Will manual enrollment work in this situation ?
In reply to Sarath P

by Sarath P -
If I enroll users using the 'manual enrollment' method, will that affect the grades?
In reply to Sarath P

by John Provasnik -
Yes manual enrollment will work for this - it should supersede the cohort enroll - if the user isn't in the course at all, then when you manually enroll select the option to include previous data

by Sarath P -
Include previous data means when I enroll users I have to select "Recover user's old grades if possible" under Enrolment options, right?

I have another doubt. The "Enrol users" tab in participants page and the "Manual enrolments" under Users->Enrolment methods are the same, isn't? 
In reply to Sarath P

by John Provasnik -

Yes to both of your questions. 

When you are on the manage enrollments page, do you see a cohort enrollment option there? Is the eyeball slashed? If so, then the enrollment me this is paused and won't update based on cohort enrollment at the site level.

I'd suggest heading to Moodle's YouTube page - Mary has made fantastic videos regarding many Moodle features and they are helpful to watch - scroll through to find one on cohorts or enrolling users and there should be a video about this

https://m.youtube.com/user/moodlehq/videos

In reply to Sarath P

by John Provasnik -

Yes to both of your questions. 

When you are on the manage enrollments page, do you see a cohort enrollment option there? Is the eyeball slashed? If so, then the enrollment method is paused and won't update based on cohort enrollment at the site level.

I'd suggest heading to Moodle's YouTube page - Mary has made fantastic videos regarding many Moodle features and they are helpful to watch - scroll through to find one on cohorts or enrolling users and there should be a video about this

https://m.youtube.com/user/moodlehq/videos

Average of ratings: Useful (1)