Adaptable 2.2 Support Thread

Re: Adaptable 2.2 Support Thread

by Jez H -
Number of replies: 6
The large header background colour is set by headerbkcolor2 under the "colours" settings page.

The link text is controlled by navbardropdowntextcolor under the "navbar styles" settings page along with other settings for hover colours etc.

What can help is to install Moodle on your PC and test the settings with different colours, then export the settings from adapatble and import them onto your live site (using our export/import feature):

https://bitnami.com/stack/moodle
In reply to Jez H

by Jesús Palma -
Thank you Jez.

I refer to the background color in the login page, I get the color below when headerbkcolor2 I have the same that is up the color selected

The colour of the navbar style is about what I writte in the other comment.

Thank you about whay you show me to install moodle, is really helpfull.
In reply to Jez H

by Vitor Fonseca -

1)

There's no option to set the login page background color. For now i think we should override the css

The option Lower header background colour (headerbkcolor2) won't apply to the login page.

I checked the source code and the login page has a special id in the body tag

<body id="page-login-index"...

So in my case the login page background header gets a background-color:rgba(218,0,14,.8); which i can't find anywhere to configure...! the css applied is the "#page-login-index header" style instead ot the usual "#adaptable-page-header-wrapper"

2)

I can confirm that the option Dropdown menu text colour (navbardropdowntextcolor)  under "navbar styles" does the trick

In reply to Vitor Fonseca

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

For '1', lib.php has:

$loginbgopacity = '';
    if (!empty($theme->settings->loginbgopacity)) {
            $loginbgopacity = '#page-login-index header {'.PHP_EOL;
            $loginbgopacity .= 'background-color: '.\theme_adaptable\toolbox::hex2rgba($theme->settings->headerbkcolor2,
                               $theme->settings->loginbgopacity).') !important;'.PHP_EOL;
            $loginbgopacity .= '}'.PHP_EOL;
            $loginbgopacity .= '#page-login-index #page-navbar,'.PHP_EOL.
            '#page-login-index .card {';
            $loginbgopacity .= 'background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, '.$theme->settings->loginbgopacity.') !important;'.PHP_EOL;
            $loginbgopacity .= '#page-login-index #page-footer {'.PHP_EOL;
            $loginbgopacity .= 'background-color: '.\theme_adaptable\toolbox::hex2rgba($theme->settings->footerbkcolor,
                               $theme->settings->loginbgopacity).') !important;'.PHP_EOL;
    }
    $defaults['setting:loginbgopacity'] = $loginbgopacity;

Thus 'headerbkcolor2' is being used.

Secondly '"#page-login-index header" style instead ot the usual "#adaptable-page-header-wrapper"' are one and the same thing, so that does not matter.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Vitor Fonseca -
i removed my css override so i can show you my problem!

I have set headerbkcolor2 = darkseagreen

now...this is correct
https://moodle.sayitinportuguese.pt/

but this is incorrect 
https://moodle.sayitinportuguese.pt/login/index.php

You can see by inspecting the source code that both of them have
<header id="adaptable-page-header-wrapper">

but the later one applies a style from "#page-login-index header" instead of "#adaptable-page-header-wrapper" which in fact are different styles

In reply to Vitor Fonseca

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
'headerbkcolor2' uses a colour picker which produces a hex code, so why are you entering a CSS color text value?  That makes the assumption that the value will be processed as CSS, but it does not state that, it only has hex values!

With  "#page-login-index header" instead of "#adaptable-page-header-wrapper" they are one and the same HTML element.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Vitor Fonseca -
problem solved.
entered headerbkcolor2 with hex value #8fbc8f

the colour settings page states at the beginning
"Use Hex or any other standard notation"

maybe it should reject non hex values on save

thanks