Adding attempts passed max attempts

Adding attempts passed max attempts

by Gregor McNish -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

We use assignment submissions, with automatic opening of new attempts on failure and a maximum of 3 attempts. We're on Moodle 3.5.

Some of our teachers want to be able to give a student extra assignment attempts beyond the max attempts in a course. It's not a general thing, more a special consideration case (or a marking stuff up).

One way of doing this would be to change the assignment maximum to a higher number, set attempt opening to manual, give the student another attempt, then change the settings back.

Course coordinators are worried that teachers won't change the settings back to normal. Many of are courses are shared between a number of teachers each using their own groups.

Quizzes have a user override feature that allows extra attempts as a user override; but this isn't the case for assignments. 

I think it would be handy to have a user override to give a student another assignment attempt.

I couldn't find any requests for this in the Moodle Tracker. I thought I should get some feedback from other people before adding it to the tracker as a feature request.

What do y'all think?

Thanks,

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Gregor McNish

Re: Adding attempts passed max attempts

by Jon Fila -
I agree with you. This should be a part of the user override features on this page: YOUR_URL/mod/assign/overrides.php