How to change/add maintainers to a plugin

How to change/add maintainers to a plugin

by Julen Pardo -
Number of replies: 2

Hi all,

I have a plugin for which I want to grant write permissions to other developers (I'm not sure whether it can have more than one maintainer), but I'm not seeing such option, neither in the developer zone.

Is this something I can do myself, or should I contact someone to ask for it?

Thanks in advance,

Julen

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Julen Pardo

Re: How to change/add maintainers to a plugin

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hello Julen.

As the current lead maintainer of a plugin, you are capable to add more co-maintainers yourself. Go to your plugin's main page and scroll down a bit to the "Contributors" section. There you will see a button to add more contributors.

Adding a new contributor UI

On the next screen, you can add any moodle.org user as contributor to your plugin. If you also select the "Maintainer" checkbox, the contributor will receive maintainers rights - that is edit the plugin, release new versions etc.

Checkbox to mark a contributor as a maintainer

Only lead maintainers can add more contributors and only the Plugins directory curators (such as myself) can change the lead maintainer of a plugin (iirc).

HTH

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to David Mudrák

Re: How to change/add maintainers to a plugin

by Julen Pardo -
Hey David,

Many thanks for your support. I just looked at the "Edit this plugin" section.

Cheers,
Julen