Assignments location on Server - PPT - PDF

Assignments location on Server - PPT - PDF

by uk nites -
Number of replies: 2

Hi:

I want to know is there any way I can find the location or actual PPT files or PDF files uploaded by users at a specific location on the server?

In what format does moodle save such files

thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to uk nites

Re: Assignments location on Server - PPT - PDF

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The files can be found by looking in the database table mdl_files.

If you look for entries with 'component' matching 'assignsubmission_file' and filearea 'submission_files', then that will be the files uploaded to assignments.

If the 'filename' column isn't enough for you to then track the file down, then you will need to track down the correct submission in mdl_assign_submission, then match the id from that to the 'itemid' column in the mdl_files table.

Once you've found the record you want in mdl_files - make a note of the "contenthash" column, then look in your sever's "moodledata" directory, for the "filedir" directory. Then look for a sub-directory that matches the first 2 letters of the "contenthash". Within that sub-directory, find another subdirectory that matches the next 2 letters of "contenthash". Finally, within that directory, you will find the original file, renamed to match the whole of the "contenthash".

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "what format does moodle save such files" - the files are stored in exactly the same format they were uploaded (if you're using unoconv + PDF annotation, Moodle also generates a PDF version + PNG images of the pages, but the original file is stored unmodified).

In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Assignments location on Server - PPT - PDF

by uk nites -

thanks a lot

Actually its a very strange behavior of Moodle

Then enrollment date ended so all Assignments and Participants disappeared from the course.

Thus nothing was appearing against the student ID

I changed the enrollment date and things are back smile