Setup for multiple teachers with own participants, same exact course

Re: Setup for multiple teachers with own participants, same exact course

by Lazaros Sotiriadis -
Number of replies: 2
Thank you both very much for the help, I think it is exactly what I am looking for.
Non editing teacher will be able to grade and view his/her own students without changing material

I ll have to make some tests to see it in action.
In reply to Lazaros Sotiriadis

by Lazaros Sotiriadis -
Hi,

The site:accessallgroups role permission doesn't seem to work in my installation for some reason.
I have removed this permission from every role and I also removed the "course:managegroups" permission from ALL roles.

I have created two groups in a course and assigned non editing teacher role plus some students in each group by manually enrolement, puting each student and teacher in only one of the two groups but I can still see all participants enroled in the course no matter who I login as.

I have also verified the user's permissions by first login in as the user and then by checking access rights and can see that "site:accessallgroups" is not approved.

Am I doing something wrong here?

Regards Lazaros
In reply to Lazaros Sotiriadis

by Lazaros Sotiriadis -
I have also set 'Separate groups mode' to the course with no effect.
Everyone is able to see participants.

There is also a course:viewparticipants /site:viewparticipants permission that I can use to limit but if I remove this one then no participants are shown. Otherwise the groups are not honored.

LS

Edit: I think I did something wrong there. I also granted /site:viewparticipants and /course:viewparticipants to the non editing teacher and it now works. So Case closed!