attendance.php missing from download zip file

attendance.php missing from download zip file

by William Rice -
Number of replies: 4
The directions say to copy this to my lang/eng_us directory.  However, the file attendance.php is not in the download zip file.

Also, after unsuccessfully trying to install the attendance module, now when I click on the Admin link I get an error messsage telling me attendance tables could not be set up properly.  When I click through the error message it boots me out of the Admin module and back to the home page.  This happens every time I try to access the Admin module; I don't know how to clear the error message.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to William Rice

Re: attendance.php missing from download zip file

by Dale Jones -
I'm not sure about the attendance.php file (is it now elsewhere?), but I had the error messages too.  I figured that the upgrade wouldn't allow the moodle admin user to change the tables in the database (does it need to be the webserver admin to do this?).  Solved the prob by deleting the two tables mdl_attendance and mdl_attendanceroll in the database.
BTW, I'm still getting the dynsectionshort, autoattendshort:,gradeshort: shown on the attendance roll page.  I'm using moodle 1.2, just updated the en language folder.  Might these be in the errant attendance.php file?

TIA and Blwyddyn Newydd Dda (I'm intending to do a Welsh language pack one day!)

Dale Jones
In reply to William Rice

by Mark Galgsdies -

William did you get any joy? I've had the same experience and have no idea where the attendance.php file is meant to have been on the zip files.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Thanks,

Mark G

In reply to William Rice

by Andrew Wojtowicz -
I had the same problem then i found it under the moddle\mod folder.  The appointment.php was there and then i just copied it to both my en and en_us folder.