At Royal Holloway University of London we have just decided to move from Learnwise to Moodle. There are number of reasons for decommisioning Learnwise (v2), and I shall outline them below:
- Poor signposting / interface
- Lack of flexibility
- Poor support
- No updates
- Disastrous implementation of Olympus
- Version 2 no longer being supported adequately
- Version 2.5 not serving our requirements
- Not platform or browser independent
- Forums are very basic
- V2 is simply V1 with a polished interface, which in turn is underpinned by WOLF, making the engine about 8 years old!!!
- No real 'buy-in' from IT department or Library
- Not worth integrating with other systems
- Only 2 or 3 HE insitutions are persisting with it (notfor much longer)
Need I talk up Moodle? It is an incredible environment with a huge amount of tools, shallow learning curve (more like a curb really), greatuser support and a fantastic community. We are very excited about this.
I think that we can build on our success in e-learning by going with Moodle.
i would be delighted to share my experiences (and migration issues) with others taking this path.