Moodle documentation: Moodle.org homepage => fix pedagogical principles' link?

Moodle documentation: Moodle.org homepage => fix pedagogical principles' link?

by Ghassan Geara -
Number of replies: 13

hi Martin,

When i click on "pedagogical principles" on moodle.org homepage: it takes me to http://docs.moodle.org/?frame=philosophy.html. Seems it's an old link that doesn't work anymore since it points to http://docs.moodle.org mainpage !

After doing a search on 'moodle philosophy', i was forwarded to what seems to me the correct link: http://docs.moodle.org/en/Philosophy

How can i fix myself the.. moodle.org mainpage? wink

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ghassan Geara

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle.org homepage => fix pedagogical principles' link?

by David Delgado -
All links to Moodle documentation (there are many which where formerly somewhere at  http://moodle.org/doc ) must be updated to link to the new MoodleDocs site (somewhere at http://docs.moodle.org ). I guess it is Martin's job to do that. At least I cannot find the "Edit" tab in the homepage of http://moodle.org wink big grin
In reply to David Delgado

Re: Moodle documentation: Moodle.org homepage => fix pedagogical principles' link?

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ghassan,

Thanks for pointing out that the link needed updating. It's done now, along with the other homepage doc links, as David mentions. smile

In reply to Helen Foster

by Ghassan Geara -

Most welcome, dear Helen. smile

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Moodle.org courses : missing picture

by Ghassan Geara -

hi Helen,

In All courses => community discussion (english) => Learning Design" Book Study

The image file (cover of the book) disappeared. surprise

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Ghassan,

In order to see the book cover image, you need to be enrolled on the Learning Design Book Study course. (This is because the image is stored in the course files folder, rather than the site files folder.)
In reply to Helen Foster

by Ghassan Geara -

Hi Helen,

mixed

I was enrolled in the LD book course and the book cover image showed an [ x ] whether i was login or not. Now it works fine. Anyway..

In reply to David Delgado

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Also the content of some files must be updated, eg the features page is outdatet - There is just kicked out what is really wrong.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Helen Foster -
"There is just kicked out what is really wrong."
Hi Koen,

Sorry I don't understand what you mean. thoughtful Please could you explain.
In reply to Helen Foster

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Sorry Helen, let me explain.
The file doesn't contain any old information, like the journal module etc anymore, but some of the new fancy moodle 1.5 things like the calculated questions, read/unread marking of forummessages, on line assignement with in line comments /corrections  ... aren't there(as a matter of fact, I could better change it there - it's a wiki after all cool). The release notes are a good place to start looking.

I think it is an important page to keep up to date - it's the first one I would go and look at if I was planning to start using Moodle.

by Helen Foster -
Hi Koen,

Thanks for explaining what you meant. I've added an update request note to MoodleDocs Features. What do you think of it?
In reply to Helen Foster

by koen roggemans -
Sunny-Shiny-Yellow big grin
Thanks

by Ghassan Geara -

Hi!

In the Moodle Features Demo course: check the Documentation link :

Within this course you can explore the various Moodle features available. If you wish to experiment creating these activities then have a look at the Teachers' Hands-on Playground. Answers may be found in the Documentation section and questions can be asked in the Using Moodle Course. "

it's outdated and should be fixed to point to MoodleDocs / Teacher documentation.

Regards

Re: Moodle.org link updates

by Helen Foster -
Hi Ghassan,

Thanks for finding yet another link needing updating - it's done now. smile