Moodle can not load javascript after installing via Softaculous

Moodle can not load javascript after installing via Softaculous

by ahmad wildan -
Number of replies: 3

Hi all, I have a problem after installing a fresh moodle version 3.7.2 via Softaculous. The web just display like thisProblem after install 3.7.2

Moodle can not load javascript perfectly. I've already add $CFG->theme='boost'; but still no work. Any suggestion? Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to ahmad wildan

Re: Moodle can not load javascript after installing via Softaculous

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
We don't recommend Softaculous. This is supplied by your hosting company and we have no idea what it does or how it configures Moodle. It's a much better idea to read the documentation and install Moodle 'manually'. It's then a lot easier to help you.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by ahmad wildan -
Thanks Miller, I also trying to manually install moodle by using moodle repo on github. I used https://github.com/moodle/moodle/tree/MOODLE_37_STABLE, delete all directory under moodledata, but no change, the problem still exists. My friend successfully installed via Softaculous with the different hosting company... I ask them for my problem but he don't know the cause.. Any suggestion?
In reply to ahmad wildan

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

If you have softaculous, means you're on a managed server (either shared, VPS or Dedicated), delete everything (moodle, moodledata folders and database

download from moodle.org and manually install moodle creating DB first. 

which hosting provider are you with? as resource limits sometimes effect rendering of the pages, your hosting may be hitting I/O limits, whilst your friend's doesnt.