"Engine solr is not installed"/"Error reading from database" After upgrading to Moodle 3.7

Re: "Engine solr is not installed"/"Error reading from database" After upgrading to Moodle 3.7

by Shanon Kotey -
Number of replies: 3

So it sounds like I might have to downgrade my version to php.7.1. I haven't done this yet but will let you know how I go

Looks like this did the trick guys! Everything running as expected

In reply to Shanon Kotey

Re: "Engine solr is not installed"/"Error reading from database" After upgrading to Moodle 3.7

by Michael de Raadt -
I have sent an email to the maintainers to see if we can get a DLL driver that supports the latest Solr and PHP versions. I'll let you know if they reply.
In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Michael de Raadt -
A person from Solr shared this link with me...

https://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?t=6359

It contains a variety of PHP setups for data research, including the php_solr.dll. Pick the right zip based on your PHP version, CPU (64bit or x86) and thread-safe setting. (See Site admin > Server > PHP Info if you're not sure about these.)

I've been successful in running Solr with PHP 7.3 on Windows on my Dev server. I'll try this on our servers at work tomorrow. I find the Solr guide very hard to read. It puts the config before the setup. I might have a go at re-writing that once I'm sure I've mastered this.

A question for Shanon and others: How do you run the Solr server? Do you run the cmd file to start the (Java - bleh!) server from a Scheduled task? Do you re-run the command regularly? Do you have a shutdown command when the server restarts?
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Michael de Raadt

by Shanon Kotey -
Hi Michael

Thank you for reaching out to the maintainers! Will let you know how it goes with php 7.3 if I find the time to upgrade it

We run a cmd to start the server as a scheduled task, never really have to re-run the command, and we don't have a shutdown command