Unable to get past Policy screen

Unable to get past Policy screen

by Gary Lee -
Number of replies: 7

Hi everyone, I hope I am posting this in the right forum, I couldn't see one that was specific to the Policy tool.

I'm in need of some help with a problem that seems to have appeared recently with the policy tool - a new user who logs in for the first time is unable to accept the policy after it is displayed. When you scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Next" you get redirected back to the same page again and can't go any further. 

I've had a look in the logs on the server and can't see anything obvious, when debug mode is enabled the only thing recorded is the following line:

FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  pix_url is deprecated. Use image_url for images and pix_icon for icons.<ul style="text-align: left" data-rel="backtrace"><li>line 292 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to debugging()</li><li>line
        22 of /theme/aardvark/layout/head.php: call to renderer_base->pix_url()</li><li>line 29 of /theme/aardvark/layout/columns3.php: call to require()</li><li>line 1287 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to include()</li><li>line
        1217 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->render_page_layout()</li><li>line 462 of /lib/outputrenderers.php: call to core_renderer->header()</li><li>line 56 of /admin/tool/policy/view.php: call to plugin_renderer_base->__call()</li></ul>
        in /var/www/html/lib/weblib.php on line 3148" while reading response header from upstream, client: 172.16.2.1, server: moodle.hostname.com, request: "GET /admin/tool/policy/view.php?versionid=7&returnurl=https%3A%2F%2Fmoodle.hostname.com%2Fadmin%2Ftool%2Fpolicy%2Findex.php&numpolicy=1&totalpolicies=1
        HTTP/2.0", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php7.0-fpm.sock:", host: "moodle.hostname.com", referrer: "https://moodle.hostname.com/"
We are currently running version 3.5.1+ of Moodle.
I can't see anything recorded in the browser's inspector either, and I have tried clearing the Moodle caches but nothing seems to fix it. It was definitely working a few weeks ago and the only thing that has changed is patches to the operating system and a couple of plugins that have received updates.

Any help would be much appreciated smile

Thanks
Gary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gary Lee

Re: Unable to get past Policy screen

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
The trace implies an out of date version of the Aardvark theme. Does it work if you switch to the Boost theme?
In reply to Howard Miller

by Gary Lee -
Hi Howard, I've just tried switching to Boost but it was still the same unfortunately sad
In reply to Gary Lee

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You didn't install (or leave in place during an upgrade) the privacy plugins intended for previous versions did you?

All that stuff was built in for 3.5.

by Gary Lee -
Not that I am aware of, there is a plugin called tool_policy but I am guessing thats part of the Moodle core installation? It was working a few weeks ago and we haven't updated the Moodle core for a while
In reply to Gary Lee

by Howard Miller -
I'm not a fan of "it was working; now it isn't; we didn't do anything". Common sense dictates that *something* changed. Even if it seems completely unrelated.

by Gary Lee -
Yes I agree, as I say, the OS and PHP has been patched and a couple of activity modules have been updated but the actual version of Moodle hasn't changed, it has been 3.5.1+ for quite a while
In reply to Gary Lee

by Howard Miller -
" OS and PHP has been patched and a couple of activity modules have been updated"

Is THAT all? wink