do moodle has pdf viewr ?

do moodle has pdf viewr ?

by Mohammad Nabil -
Number of replies: 2

i can upoad a  mp4 video so that it run in my moodel site directly without need an external player or download the file , i want to do the same with pdf files , i tried to upload it , but when i test it , i got a download option instead of viewing it ( on mobile ) while open the pdf on windows firefox( it  depend on the browser )
is there is a tool that open the pdf in mobile whateever the browser

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

Re: do moodle has pdf viewr ?

by Joost Elshoff -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi!
The mod_resource (File in the activity picker) is the one to have a look at. If you set the display options for the file to appear in browser, the pdf should automatically display using the browser's own pdf viewer/interpreter.

Either add the mod_resource through the activity picker, then set the appropriate display options, or drag-drop the pdf to your course page, then edit settings to get to the display options.

If the 'In browser' option does not appear, go to Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > File (mod_resource) and make the display options available.

Also, have a look at the Moodle Docs on this module: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/File_resource
In reply to Mohammad Nabil

Re: do moodle has pdf viewr ?

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
...and... please consider updating your profile so your real name is displayed.

We like to know who we are talking to smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)