Config table does not contain version error

Re: Config table does not contain version error

by Mehdi ZOUAOUI -
Number of replies: 5
Hi dear Howard,

I just solved the issue. This is what I did:
1- Went to phpMyAdmin then opened the database I created.
2- Opened: MDL_config
3- Went to SQL tab then injected this code "INSERT INTO mdl_config (name,value) VALUES ('version','my version');"

I think, I spared myself, for the present, some nights :D
In reply to Mehdi ZOUAOUI

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You'll be VERY lucky if you fixed it.

If the version was missing, what else was missing? wink
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mehdi ZOUAOUI -
Just the version. The thing is that trying to edit MDL_config table only by using the "insert" button in the doesn't solve the problem and you're not likely to see the "version" entry. But if you manually inject in the "SQL" tab, you will be able to solve the problem. Now, I'm facing another problem which is in my eyes more challenging than the previous one. This error message showed up: "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: Invalid property requested, or the property does not has a default value." You're eventually right! I will have to spend some nights without sleep :D

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I was right in the first place.... there's very little point asking for advice and then ignoring it.

If the version number is missing then the installation failed and other things will be wrong. Which is what you have found out for yourself.

So you need to reinstall Moodle following the advice given to you several days ago.
In reply to Howard Miller

by Mehdi ZOUAOUI -
Hi Howard again,

Thank you for your help, but I did all what you suggested and even reinstalled Moodle many times (which was my first step) without any success. This is a very common error and I didn't post here till after checking and reading what I came into my hand.

Thank you again

by Howard Miller -
If installation is failing, the first step is to run the install with Debugging on. The only way to do that is to create your own config.php (from config-dist.php). That shouldn't be a big problem. Moodle will recognise that config.php already exists and skip that part of the install.

You can then check for messages and check your web server's error log. Hopefully something shows up smile