Installing Moodle 3.7 on iPage

Installing Moodle 3.7 on iPage

by F S -
Number of replies: 8
I am running Moodle since 5 years on a vps in iPAge. Never got problems till I installed moodle 3.7.2, then the server started to crash every few hours sad
Average of ratings: -
In reply to F S

Re: Installing Moodle 3.7 on iPage

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
At the start of the discussion you talked about shared hosting. Now it is VPS. Which is what?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Visvanath, both are different people smile

In reply to Usman Asar

Ha, ha, ha! The person B concludes that Moodle ran 5 years on iPage VPS, until he reached 3.7, then it started crashing every few hours means what, the person A should be able to install 3.7 on the shared hosting of iPage? What a gibberish!
In reply to F S

by James Steerpike -
Is the help desk actually helpful?
In reply to James Steerpike

I thought you mean Mr K T! tongueout

Seriously, the moderator should take Mr F S to a different room, this is becoming confusing.
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Since you 'rattled my tree'! smile 

Think somewhere in forums there should be a strong suggestion NOT to 'piggy back' - 'me too's' many times are not ... responses for one poster misunderstood by another, etc, etc.  

Granted poster must see that strong suggestion ... which is why a 'sticky block' - right column - where it's visible all the time would be nice. smile

But, even if that suggestion implemented, some folks just won't RATS (read all the screen) before jumping in! :\   Sometimes understandable ...  weekend, something broke .. need to fix before Monday ... under stress ... and so on and so forth.  Such is IT! ;)

'spirit of sharing', Ken