Competency Rules for Completion

Competency Rules for Completion

by Aaron Tuomala -
Number of replies: 5

I am having trouble with the Competency Rules working.  I have the the competency framework rules setup where the parent is completed once all child competencies are completed.  on the course, I have linked the competency and set it to complete when the course is complete.  Just as a failsafe, i have even set the activity to mark the competency as complete when the activity is completed.

In my testing, the student completes the course and it shows as complete in the Course Completion report.  However, no matter what I do, I have to manually rate the competency as Complete.  It does not do it automatically.  I feel i must be missing something simple here.

Thanks in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aaron Tuomala

Re: Competency Rules for Completion

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For a parent-child structures with an added Competency rule = "Mark the parent as complete when all children are complete".
Add only the children competencies to the course activity.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Aaron Tuomala -
That is how I understood it as well. We only use the child competencies in the course activities and course. The parent is not tied specifically to each course.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
For each child competency that is related to a course activity did you set the competency condition Upon activity completion = Complete the competency?
If that is, set to "auto" complete it should work. However, I found the parent-child competencies not worth the set-up effort and shortly abandoned them after I did a few large structures.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Aaron Tuomala -
I did set this on the activity itself as well as the course directly. Both set to Complete the Competency.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
If the student's completed the activities that award the competency before you set-up the linkage, you will need to manually "rate" each student's competency. There is no systematic way to update competencies for activities completed in the past.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)