Grouping of activities

Grouping of activities

by James Steerpike -
Number of replies: 5
  1. Is there a way to group activities within a topic? Perhaps in a folder or sub-topic?
  2. Can I hide or reveal these grouped activities from a user group?
I know I can embed into a lesson or a book but there are significant limitations in those activities.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to James Steerpike

Re: Grouping of activities

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
1. only visually by indenting them
2. yes, but only one at a time (which is really, no)
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by James Steerpike -
Thanks. I have been playing around with a label which is visible by group and which links using an anchor reference to activities which are available but not shown. If I could get the activities to link in sequence, I might be on to something. I have not used the indent and labels yet - I must start.
I do like the H5P essay but it is an activity, not a question. if I use it, I may need to add up to a dozen which need to be answered sequentially.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I group stuff together with a Generico filter using tabs and tabitems. With the filter placed in a label, you can then hide or reveal to groups, as needed. An added advantage is this method helps cut down on the "scroll-of-death" on long pages.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to AL Rachels

by James Steerpike -
Thanks. I am running 3.7 and the last tabitem plugin is for 3.6. Does being a release behind mean :
  • The developer hasn't tested it but there is every chance it will work?
  • Or there is a real chance some weird thing may make your site unusable?
I will test in my sandbox.

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I am using the latest Generico tab and tabitem plugin in Moodle 3.7.x and it works great. The really nice thing about having the Generico filter installed, is there are a whole bunch of other widgets that really let you do some neat customization's to your site.