No notification form Forum

No notification form Forum

by Stefano Guglielmetti -
Number of replies: 2

Hello!

I have a problem with notifications from forums that are not sent.

We use Moodle 3.5.3 with the following settings:

- Cron is executed every minute

- Scheduled processing "Sending mail from forums and maintenance operations" is set to be performed every minute

The default settings (site administration / Users / Profiles) are:

- Collection email type: No collection - you will receive an email for each message in the forums.

- Automatic forum subscription: Yes: when I send messages, I sign the discussion automatically

The configuration related to the outgoing mails should be adequate as using the "Moodle eMail Test" plugin I verified that the mails are sent correctly.

The forum on which I test functionality is set as a "general forum" with mandatory subscription.
Despite this configuration, no email is sent when I insert a new post in the forum.
Any idea how to solve the problem?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefano Guglielmetti

Re: No notification form Forum

by Acqua Alta -
Hi Stefano,
Did you check the default "Notification preferences" of forums posts in the site settings, and the preferences of the relevant users?
Maybe the "Subscribed forum posts" setting and other "Forum" settings are turned of for "Email".
In reply to Acqua Alta

Re: No notification form Forum

by Acqua Alta -
1) Did you check the notification preferences *of forums* of the relevant users?
Dashboard -> User menu -> Preferences -> Notification preferences
BTW, The default preferences for users are determined here:
Site administration ->Messaging -> Notification settings

2) Did you check their "Forum preferences" in their user profile?
I encountered a "strange" issue in the past, where the "Email digest type" field was set to "Complete" or "Subjects". However, since the "Subscribed forum digests" option in the "Notification preferences" page was set so e-mails won't go out for digest, a user didn't get e-mail messages.