The Student Information System (SIS)

The Student Information System (SIS)

by motasem alsmadi -
Number of replies: 4

Does the moodle  provide alternatives of  using SIS system, as if there are options or an extra software without linking the moodle with SIS system?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to motasem alsmadi

Re: The Student Information System (SIS)

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
No. Moodle doesn't have any built in student information capabilities. It's more usual to link with an existing system but even that depends on exactly what you need/want it to do.
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: The Student Information System (SIS)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
This is a topic somehow related to LMS and comes once a while in conversations. So the simple question is, what SiS claims good (useful) integration to Moodle? The more difficult part is, no two people will agree on what it needs to do. From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Student_information_system I think broadly a) the history of a student from entry to graduation b) time tables and room bookings. What else?
In reply to Visvanath Ratnaweera

إعادة: Re: The Student Information System (SIS)

by motasem alsmadi -
Thank you very much
what are the modern plugin of Moodle that can be used in sis
In reply to motasem alsmadi

Re: إعادة: Re: The Student Information System (SIS)

by Visvanath Ratnaweera -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Translators
A full student information system is asking too much from a Moodle plug-in. I was talking of a separate SiS which can be connected to Moodle. No, I don't know any, I was asking others in this forum.