New version of Gapfill Question Type (v1.977)

New version of Gapfill Question Type (v1.977)

by Marcus Green -
Number of replies: 8
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I am due to release a minor update to the Gapfill question type.

https://docs.moodle.org/en/Gapfill_question_type

Release notes here

https://github.com/marcusgreen/moodle-qtype_gapfill/blob/master/changelog.md

One of the updates is to deal with a change to the way Google chrome for windows works (particularly  display:inline-block).

I have tested it with all the browsers at my disposal but it would be good if other people would  try it and give feedback. Testing with the mobile app would also be useful. Please login with these student credentials

username:
s1

password:
Password1!

(note the upper case P on Password1!)

On this Moodle installation

https://m.vledevelop.co.uk/course/view.php?id=19

And I would appreciate your feedback on this forum.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: New version of Gapfill Question Type (v1.977)

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Marcus,
In order to test the bug you recently fixed in Chrome/Windows, you should include in your Gapfill Feature Demonstration Quiz at least one question with the drag & drop option AND lots (at least a dozen) of distracters.
Thanks!
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
An excellent idea Joseph. Those demonstration questions ship with the question type and I was just using them in that quiz. However I ought to have an example question with an excess of draggables for testing now and in the future.
In reply to Marcus Green

by AL Rachels -
Everything seems to work as expected using Firefox 69.0.2(64bit) on Windows 10.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marcus Green

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Unable to access that test site with Moodle mobile.
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Marcus Green -

Thanks Joseph,  I will check it out with the app

In reply to Marcus Green

by Matthias Giger -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
With Opera everything works.
In reply to Matthias Giger

by Marcus Green -

I have now added a new quiz with a single question that has lots of draggables. It would be useful if people could go and check on it, especially with Windows based browsers. The cause of this bug has its origins more than  5 years ago when I used    to space out the draggables. it worked fine with all leading browsers until recently when chrome slightly changed the way it dealt with inline-block.I have now switched to using CSS for the spacing which is the right way to do it.

Attachment Lots_of_draggables.png
In reply to Marcus Green

by Joseph Rézeau -
Tested on all my browsers, works OK.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)