Moodle & MacOS Catalina 10.15

Moodle & MacOS Catalina 10.15

by Germán Valero -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

After naively accepting to upgrade my Macbook pro to the new MacOS Catalina 10.15, I spent the best part of one hour accepting the many errors thrown (and adding so many exceptions) by MAMP 4.11 included in my Moodle for Mac, because Apple does not trust this MAMP version.

I finally managed to get it to work, but I would not recommend the experience to anybody.

Are there plans to update soon the MAMP included in the Moodle installer packages for Mac ?

Perhaps in time for the Moodle 3.8 release?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Germán Valero

Re: Moodle & MacOS Catalina 10.15

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

German, this might be a good time to upgrade to MAMP 5.1.  I think this version is 64-bit.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Germán Valero

by Eleonore Lantaz -

Hello!

I have faced some problems with Moodle app too.
I updated my iPhone, version 13.1.3 and now in some exercices it doesn't recognize the right answer (which has an impact for our students using an updated iPhone).

I tested with Android, worked fine.

Do you have any clues or is there a way we can rectify this?

Thanks

In reply to Eleonore Lantaz

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Has there been any progress on this? I've just stumbled into this same issue myself. The MAMP Moodle package is very frustrating to setup now because of the long process of having to individually authorize (add exceptions for) each module accessed. Suddenly, using the MAMP package available here from Moodle.org, for setting up a testing environment, has become extremely cumbersome. sad

There has to be a way, via command line?, to bulk allow the entire package...?

Jason
In reply to Jason Hollowell

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
A quick update/reply to my own inquiry. The best solution, for now, is to turn off Gatekeeper running on Catalina in MacOS. This can be accomplished via the following:

1. Open Terminal
2. Change directory to - /Applications/Utilities/
3. Run command --> sudo --spctl-disable
4. Run or restart MAMP
5. Later, to turn Gatekeeper back on use the following command from the same directory: sudo --spctl-enable

This worked for me. smile

Regards
Jason