Nextcloud integration: access controlled links

Nextcloud integration: access controlled links

by Leo Führinger -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I'd like to use Nextcloud with Moodle - especially the opportunity to generate access controlled links

The following works fine:

1. choose the repository "Nextcloud" in the file picker
  2. login to Nextcloud
  3. choose a file
  4. copy the file to moodle by coosing the "make a copy of the file" in the bullet lits

However, if I chosse the option "Create an access controlled link to the file" I get an error after clicking the button "save an back to course".

Eine Anfrage an Nextcloud ist fehlgeschlagen: Die angeforderte Aktion konnte nicht ausgeführt werden. Falls dies häufiger vorkommt, kontaktieren Sie bitte Ihren Administrator mit folgenden zusätzlichen Hinweisen:
"A webdav request to copy a file failed."

Debug info: 
Error code: request_exception

Stack trace:
line 213 of /repository/nextcloud/classes/access_controlled_link_manager.php: repository_nextcloud\request_exception thrown
line 389 of /repository/nextcloud/lib.php: call to repository_nextcloud\access_controlled_link_manager->transfer_file_to_path()
line 1223 of /lib/filelib.php: call to repository_nextcloud->reference_file_selected()
line 535 of /mod/resource/locallib.php: call to file_save_draft_area_files()
line 107 of /mod/resource/lib.php: call to resource_set_mainfile()
line 122 of /course/modlib.php: call to resource_add_instance()
line 154 of /course/modedit.php: call to add_moduleinfo()

I have connect a system account in Website-Administration -> Server -> OAuth 2-Services. If I try to save the unchanged setting (icon beside the OAuth 2-Services) an error occures:
error/Could not discover end points for identity issuerNextcloud AES

Does anyone have an idea why this happen?

Cheers,
Leo

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Leo Führinger

Re: Nextcloud integration: access controlled links

by Paul Raper -
Hi Leo,

I have been having a similar problem and have now after a lot of blood sweat and tears logged it as a bug to the Moodle Tracker.

Try as I might, I can not get this feature to work.

I have a suspicion that what has happened is:
1) The feature Munster university built into OwnCloud which linked files "dynamically" to Moodle has not been included in this package.
2) The access controlled link feature is actually a feature that is more intended for when students submit work work rather than for developers to link file to Moodle for students to access.

Once I get an answer back from the developers, I can let you know where we stand.

In the meantime, try to ensure you have the latest version fo NextCloud installed.
In reply to Paul Raper

by Ulrich Arnold -

Dear Paul, dear Leo

unfortunately I got the same problem in my Moodle Installation you described, Leo. Leo and Paul, did you get any further and did you find out a solution for the problem yet?

My nextcloud installation is up to date (15.0.7) , moodle is version Moodle 3.7.7 (Build: 20200713).

Leo, you are a teacher in BW, aren't you? So maybe your moodle is hosted @ belwue like mine.

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply!

Cheers   Ulrich

In reply to Paul Raper

by Ishan Anders -

Hi Paul,

are there any answers from the developers? The behaviour/bug not showing the possibility of aliases persists in Moodle 3.7.x

Thanks