Export Bug

Export Bug

by Ruben Carvajal -
Number of replies: 7

Hello World !

We use the plugin "questionnaire" 3.6.1 (Build - 2019052400) 2018110101, on Moodle 3.7.1

I have just noticed that 11 students have answered the questionnaire correctly, but their answers does not appear in the export.

This is likely a bug in the questionnaire activity ... But if you have another track, it will be very useful to retrieve these 11 answers and correct the bug !

Perhaps you hava had the same case ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruben Carvajal

Re: Export Bug

by Sean Marx -
Picture of Testers
Hi Ruben
I have a similar problem - 13 students are listed as have submitted feedback, but only 11 appear in the CSV file.
In reply to Sean Marx

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Do you see all 13 in the onscreen report? What version of questionnaire are you using?
In reply to Mike Churchward

by Sean Marx -
Picture of Testers

Hi Mike

Thanks for helping.

Correct all 13 responses are shown in the onscreen report. I changed the export setting to see if that would help, but it did not.

I ran a query directly on the database and check the status - every is marked as complete with a Y

I ran a query again text input responses to check for any weird characters but there was nothing untoward there.

The two missing users are in the middle and toward the bottom of the list on the screen being exported.

Moodle version: Moodle 3.5 (Build: 20180517)
Questionnaire: 3.5.4 (Build - 2019032100) 2018050109

I have just exported the report again, and I think I have spotted where the error may be coming from. This is based on the response by Ruben. When converting the CSV to Excel it splits the data by comma into a column. I can see where two users do not have clean data. I almost looks like they have a comma in their response, resulting in this triggering a break. I have only taken a quick look at have attached an image for you as well.

Thanks again,
Sean

Attachment q.jpg
In reply to Sean Marx

by Sean Marx -
Picture of Testers

Hi Mike

Took a closer look and added a new image. The problem comes in with the previous entry where the user clicked enter in a textarea entry field. This kicked the next response into a new column when viewed in the CSV.

Attachment q3.jpg
In reply to Sean Marx

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Interesting. If its a comma delimiter, why would <enter> be recognized as a delimiter?
In reply to Sean Marx

by Ruben Carvajal -

Hi Sean,

A teacher told me that this plugin has a problem to put the information in the right cells.

Normally you could find your students in the same file, but in another cell already filled out.

It's not very useful indeed.