Foundation theme 3.7.1.1 for Moodle 3.7 released

Foundation theme 3.7.1.1 for Moodle 3.7 released

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 9
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,

V3.7.1.1 for M3.7 from: moodle.org/plugins/pluginversion.php?id=20375.

I've updated the Foundation theme with some exciting new features and undertaken some style fixes:

1. Add 'hvpfontcss' setting to allow use of theme fonts within H5P custom CSS.
  2. Add Font Awesome 5.11.2 free icons.  Turn on / off with 'fav' setting.  Please see the license file 'Font Awesome 5 Free LICENSE.txt' in the fonts folder.
  3. General style fixes.

This means the following settings / changes:

New Foundation theme settings in context.

Where you can see an example of using the included fonts within H5P.

Note that the FontAwesome 5 setting is off by default as I consider this 'beta' as I may not have found all of the icons to convert.

Please reply to this thread with comments and any issues pertaining to this version only.

Gareth

Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: Foundation theme 3.7.1.1 for Moodle 3.7 released

by Carlos Guerrero -
Dear Gareth,

I'm using the Foundation theme for 3.7.1 and found an issue: the drag & drop text type of question in the quizz hides the text of the tabs to be dragged, since the texts are displayed in white over a white background. This makes the text of the tabs invisible (see attached image).

How can I solve this? Thank you in advance and congratulations on your good work with themes.

-Carlos Guerrero
Attachment quizz.JPG
In reply to Carlos Guerrero

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks for the report Carlos, I'll look as soon as I can. Might be a few days or more though.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Carlos Guerrero

by Gareth J Barnard -
Hi Carlos,

Was complicated to work out. Fixed in https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_foundation/commit/778bddc15f4aa396c1b8332605f1a0aaff104993 and will be in the next release being 3.7.1.2.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Carlos Guerrero -

Hi, Gareth,

Good work! Thank you for your effort. I'm sure Foundation will end up being as good as Essential. Keep it going!

by heli g -

Hi Gareth,

In Boost on small devices the Nav Drawer opens above the content, whereas in Foundation the content is pushed to the right.

At 768 width Boost's behaviour changes to the same as Foundation's. I much prefer the overlay (forgive my terminology) for both device sizes - is this achievable?

Heli

Foundation

Foundation Nav Drawer < 768

Boost

Boost Nav Drawer < 768

Foundation

Foundation Nav Drawer greater than 768

Boost

Boost Nav Drawer greater than 768

In reply to heli g

by Gareth J Barnard -
Dear Heli,

Thank you for your reply. That does sound like a good idea to me.

Kind regards,

Gareth

by Gareth J Barnard -
Hi Heli,

As a follow up, I've implemented the overlay idea here: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle-theme_foundation/commit/d21e7c5727fface100795ce581f95e144a462e67 - and will be in the next release.

Gareth

by heli g -
Thank you Gareth!
That does exactly what I envisioned at 360 width - it looks very nice and I'm learning more about responsive design!
To have the same at 768 width I modified your patch - set media-breakpoint to (lg) and changed the drawer width to 360px. It is not as neat as 100% width - but I think I prefer showing some of the content underneath (especially now that it is not squashed!) it also gives more of a clue that the Drawer can be collapsed.

On more investigation I am not sure about the wisdom of changing the break point to lg... It works well for the front page - but is not so sensible for the dashboard or course pages... There the drawer sits on top of key information leaving only uninformative white space visible.