Changing groups

Changing groups

by Kieran Briggs -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, I'm sorry if this is the incorrect forum for this question, but I couldn't find a groups specific forum.

So i have a class with a dozen or so groups with 5 or 6 students and a teacher in it.  Then some of the activities are set to seperate groups.

If a student changes groups, is it possible anywhere to move the work into that new group.  For example, I have 1 teacher who is leaving and the students are being shared out between a few other teachers and put into groups.  I need to be able to make it so that the new teachers can see the previous work.

I'm on version 3.5.2+

Thanks

Kieran

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kieran Briggs

Re: Changing groups

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
The work does not move, just the student so the teachers in the new group will see all the work that the student has done...
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Changing groups

by Kieran Briggs -
Yeah but if you have it as separate groups then the teacher can't see the work that was submitted while in the original group. Take for example the database activity set to seperate groups. I have a group with a teacher and student. The student writes an entry into the database. Only the teacher of that group can see it. now if I move the student. He can create new entries and the new teacher can see them, but the new teacher can't see the entries that the student wrote when he was in his original group.