Custom Certificate Plugin Emails to Students

Custom Certificate Plugin Emails to Students

by Rajeshwar Devi Prasad -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

We are using Moodle 3.5 and Custom Certificate plugin in some courses.

The plugin is configured to email students the PDF certificate file as soon as the course feedback activity is completed (which requires the student to have passed the test activity before that). The entire system works well and the certificates are generated. The certificate is also emailed to a common email ID which acts like a central register of certificates.

However, we see that some certificates are not being emailed out. For example, we have a course where 131 students completed the feedback activity but only 77 were received in the common email ID. When we check the sent folder of the email box being used to send emails, we see some user certificates were not mailed out at all.

I understand that each time the certificate schedule task runs which is set to 10 min, it picks up those students who have completed the criterion and who have not been sent emails before. But in this case it is not picking up all the students. Some are being left out.

Does anyone have any idea about this pls? 

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rajeshwar Devi Prasad

Re: Custom Certificate Plugin Emails to Students

by Ray Hinton -
I am also experiencing some email issues, and occasionally browsing this forum to see if anyone else is reporting the same thing. You may be interested in reading my thread here:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=389181

If your issue is similar to mine:

- Do you see a "Fail delay" for the email_certificate_task?
- What is the output if you run the task manually? That is, either click the Run Now button in the Scheduled tasks page, or run it from the command line.
- Do you know if the email failures are intermittent? Or did they completely stop at a particular time, and no emails have been sent since that time?

If you have access to your database, you could look in the customcert_issues table to see if you notice any pattern about what certificates have not been emailed. Good luck!