Character encoding in pie chart

Character encoding in pie chart

by Oleg Feferman -
Number of replies: 12

Hello,

I've installed Configurable reports on our moodle site. There we have a custom user profile field (Drop-down menu) where users answer "How did you find us?" question when self register on website. Options in this field are not in English but Ukrainian. 

Then I created a custom report where I want to see basically a pie chart which shows where did all the users came from. 

The issue is that in the table options are ok but not in the pie chart:

encoding issue with pie chart

The strange thing is that it does not look like a total encoding failure because first option (Інше) and first 3 letters in 2nd option ("У св") looks OK. Any idea how this can be resolved?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Oleg Feferman

Re: Character encoding in pie chart

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

I am confused as to what exactly is wrong here.  Your chart shows three options divided in thirds which is exactly what your data also shows - what are you expecting to see?

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Oleg Feferman -

Thank you for the response. The wrong is - characters on the legend so it is not possible to understand what options are on chart.

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
They are color coded ... so you just want the name on the pie slice?

by Oleg Feferman -
No, I don't want name on the pie slice. I want name on legend to match values from table and now it shows some nonsense there. I understand that it is hard for English speaking person to notice this but if you take a closer look you will see that values in table are different from pie legend (where it just shows some gibberish except first line)

by Emma Richardson -
Oh, now I see what you mean. Sorry for not understanding! I would guess that is some language issue in the chart creation process...it is not accepting those special characters...I would put a tracker report in about that...

by Oleg Feferman -
No problem, thanks for adding this to bugtracker! smile

by Emma Richardson -

I didn't put it in tracker - I suggested that you do that!

by Oleg Feferman -
Now I misunderstood you, sorry. Like here: https://tracker.moodle.org ?

by Emma Richardson -

Actually for configurable reports, there should be a link from the plugin page to the tracker for that plugin, but you could try the main tracker too as it is an HQ guy that works on it.

by Oleg Feferman -

I tried but I gave up

error

I searched before creating issue and didn't found anything. Then I tried to create it but still haven't found anything. No idea what to do so I will just leave this for now. In any case thanks for trying to help.

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Oleg,

This is an antispam thing : as stated in the message, you just have to start watching an existing issue, or vote for it, and you should then be able to create a new tracker issue (if i remember well) clin d’œil

HTH,
Séverin