Microsoft oAuth docs out of date

Microsoft oAuth docs out of date

by Ben Kahn -
Number of replies: 4

Hi, not sure if this is the correct/best place to post this, but the docs for setting up a Microsoft Oauth 2 service are out of date. Instructions need to be updated for set-up in the Azure portal When I visit the Developer Console linked to from the front of the article. 

I would potentially be willing to help with work on this. Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Kahn

Re: Microsoft oAuth docs out of date

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hello Ben. Thanks for your offer to help with improving the documentation. It is a wiki and so anyone is welcome to sign in and make edits. I presume the page you are referring to is this one : OAuth_2_Microsoft_service ?
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Ben Kahn -
Hi Mary, thank you for your reply. I did not realize the docs pages were publicly editable. I am talking about this page: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/OAuth_2_Microsoft_service

I think it will need a complete overhaul since MS has completely changed their part of the process.
In reply to Ben Kahn

by Brian Merritt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Hi Ben

I saw they were out of date as well, but Microsoft were (yet again) revamping their web portal.

Maybe now things are a bit more stable. Any one of us can edit as needed (just be sure to smudge any sensitive information if you are going to do this)

I'm still awaiting our Azure license so can't properly update this until that is working.

The main process now is:

1. Select Identity and then Azure Active Directory and App registration
2. Follow the existing instructions but make sure you use your own endpoints. Microsoft no long allow new app registrations from the generic endpoints
3. When you do the oauth register, check it again a few hours later and redo if it got confused. Otherwise you are good to go.
In reply to Brian Merritt

by Ben Kahn -

Brian,

I'd like to help with documentation but I am not the O365 admin at my org. My 365 admin let me know the directions were not helpful when I asked him to set-up an Azure app for Moodle. He mentioned that MS loves to constantly change this type of thing as well. He was able to muddle through.