Not Marked as Competent

Not Marked as Competent

by Chelsy Ann Koshy -
Number of replies: 6

Hi,

I have created an LP and assigned cohort into them. The user X in the cohort completed the linked course in the competency before assigning that LP to the cohort. But the competency not marked as competent in his profile. When the user X completed the linked course after assigning the LP to the cohort, it marked as competent. So, Is there any way to mark as competent automatically to who all are completed the linked course before assigning LP to cohort

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chelsy Ann Koshy

Re: Not Marked as Competent

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
You can try to run the Cron job that updates learning plans, but my experience is that you will need to manually "rate" the students where the competency.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Chelsy Ann Koshy -
Thanks, Shirley for your reply!!!

Around 2500 users have already completed the course. For 2500 users, manually marking as competent is practically not possible.

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Yes, manually marking is a chore. The UI is missing the Select All option to apply a condition to multiple students, course, competencies or learning plans, IMHO.

My education to the limitations of Moodle competencies came with 250 manual Ratings.
Best Wishes

by Marie-Eve Lévesque -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

For the course competency I don't think it is possible.

For the user competency (or learning plan competency), the last version of the lpmonitoring plugin has a bulk rating button. It will assess the comptency for all learning plans based on a learning plan template (usually a cohort). But, you won't be able to choose which students will be assessed, so it only works if this competency has to be assessed for all students with that LP template...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Marie-Eve Lévesque

by Chelsy Ann Koshy -

Hi Marie,

Thanks for your reply. I read about the bulk user action. I have a few questions.
 1. If the competencies in the LP are linked to the courses,  will it rate all students in the LP as competent by doing bulk user rating?

2. I tried bulk rating, but it doesn't mark the users in LP as competent even after running the cron. Could you please tell me into which specific cron job it's looking for?

Thanks

by Marie-Eve Lévesque -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Chelsy,
Here are the answers to your questions about the bulk rating :

1. The bulk rating will affect the "user competency", not the "user course competency". If the competencies are linked to courses, the course competencies will still be not rated, but the user competency (at the learning plan level) will be rated.

2. For the cron job, it creates an "ad hoc" task, it is not a "scheduled" task. So it usually runs as soon as possible. Do you have some error logs you can look to see if there has been a php error or something? You can also check if some users were rated and not others... A rating and an evidence should be added for each user, and there should also be some event logs.

You can also see if the job has been executed by going back to the bulk rating page. When the job is not executed yet you have a "Evaluation is in progress" warning on the top of the page. If there is no warning, the job has been executed (it at least tried to do something...)

It is also important to know that, by default, the students who are already rated are not impacted. You can force their ratings with the "Force rating of users already rated" option.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)