student help file

student help file

by Gustav W Delius -
Number of replies: 1
I think we need some form of student help file to go with the quiz. I think this should be accessible via a question mark icon near the submit buttons. If someone is good at explaining things, could they please write something at http://docs.moodle.org/en/mod/quiz/attempt ? That would be very useful.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gustav W Delius

Re: student help file

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Gustav,

I've been reflecting on this and I'm not sure the proposed location of a Student help file is the best one.

If we think about quizzes, exams etc. which take place off-line then we would normally provide students with full instructions before an attempt - with the option to revisit/check them at will during the attempt.

With this in mind I think a Student Guide should be available on the Quiz page i.e. the one displayed when the link for the Quiz is clicked. This should be available to Students whether the Quiz is open or not. In this way Students can review the instructions for the Quiz in advance. The Student Guide could also be available in the manner you describe in case the  Student wishes to check it later.

Ray