Cohort manager role

Cohort manager role

by sushumna rao -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I am planning to use Cohorts for around 60 schools having 5 courses. So each cohort is one school. Is there a way that I can define a Cohort manager role so that he manages that cohort like add, delete users of that cohort, edit course content available to that cohort. If yes please guide me on this.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to sushumna rao

Re: Cohort manager role

by Mark Oxley -
Did you ever find a solution for this?
In reply to sushumna rao

by Peter Rundqvist -

Any news on this? I'm in the same situation.

Kind regards,

Peter

In reply to Peter Rundqvist

by SUNRISER SETH -

I don't know if my idea will help you anymore, but the simplest way to do it, is to create a new account with admin rights for those courses.

Or, if you have all users in  .CSV flat file(s) you can upload the users in cohorts for each course. This is easy way if you have the users in a .csv file, already formated for uploading in Moodle.

In reply to Peter Rundqvist

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If you create a category for each school and put the courses in the relevant category, all you need to do is give a person Manager permission at the category level (not site). Build the cohort in the category. The manager will have all permissions for those courses and none for courses in any other category.

If you don't want them to have specific permissions, you can probably copy the manager role at the site level, rename it (cohort manager), and remove any of the permissions you don't want them to have.
In reply to sushumna rao

by Carlos Ruiz -

Good evening, my friends.

I've created a system role with all the cohort related permissions and assign it to some users. These users don't have any administration links in Moodle menus therefore they can't manage the cohort enrolment directly. Fortunately, I've checked that they do can access cohort enrolment by the URL address (https://my_moodle/cohort/index.php.

I hope it helps.

Best regards