Contact Forms Plugin vs. Forms API

Contact Forms Plugin vs. Forms API

by Kiran Y -
Number of replies: 2

Hi there!

Just a month old novice out here trying to figure out Moodle. I am fairly new to this with absolutely no expertise in coding. I do understand a bit of HTML though. How does a contact form plugin differ from form API? Can you share the upsides and the downsides of both while you were working with them?

Do they serve different purposes? Did you face any problems using them and any additional capabilities you wish it had? It would be great if you could provide me with more clarity on this.

Thanks in advance.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Kiran Y

Re: Contact Forms Plugin vs. Forms API

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

The contact form plugin allows an administrator of a Moodle site to log in and configure a contact form for that site.

The forms API allows a developer to create all the different forms that are found throughout Moodle (e.g. the forum posting form I'm using right now, the user profile edit form, the form for editing an activity's settings, etc.).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Davo Smith

Re: Contact Forms Plugin vs. Forms API

by Kiran Y -
Great! Thank you for your response. So, the Contact Forms plugin is something that I should focus on if I am planning to create forms on my site. The plugin seems great but what do you think is lacking in the existing plugin, with respect to creating forms on the site for real. Any inputs would be appreciated