Nofiying the badge issuer

Nofiying the badge issuer

by Bob Gilmore -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hey folks,

Moodle 3.7.2+

I want to know how I would go about notifying the issuer of a badge via email.

There is a place to add the issuer email address: Manage Badges > Edit Details > Issuer details > Contact

There is a place to notify the badge creator: Manage Badges > Message > Notify badge creator

These two settings don't seem to tie together.

How do you identify, set or change the badge creator so the badge issuer is emailed when a badge is awarded?

Thanks in advance!

Bob

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Bob Gilmore

Re: Nofiying the badge issuer

by Mercè Porras Serrano -

Hi Bob,

Did you find a solution for this?
I'm working on two different campuses and none of them are sending emails neither to the badge creator or the contact email.

thanks!

In reply to Mercè Porras Serrano

by Sara Arjona Téllez -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Bob and Mercè!

I think currently only badge creator and users earning a badge can receive notifications when a badge is issued. There is an issue in the tracker (https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-46440) for adding this feature. Voting, commenting or coming up with a patch will increase the chance of this improvement coming about sooner.

@Mercè, you'll find the "Notify badge creator" setting in the "Message" tab from every badge. You'll need to edit and set to the value working better for you (default one is "Never").

Cheers!
In reply to Sara Arjona Téllez

by Anthony Erickson -

Hey gang,

We were also a bit disappointed in the badge issuer setting after we found it differentiates between the badge creator (individual, specific user who has created the badge), and the issuer (manually entered contact details that are not used to trigger any notifications).  I created an enhancement request - https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-68485 - to create course specific notifications as a workaround (which is really what we were trying to achieve with the badge issuing).  

Cheers,

Ant

Average of ratings: Useful (1)