Quizzes with browser security not displaying correctly/disappearing

Quizzes with browser security not displaying correctly/disappearing

by Edward F. -
Number of replies: 3
I've noticed that on the latest version of Moodle (3.7.2) quizzes (especially cloze quizzes) do not display correctly when a student presses the check button, submits it, or re-attempts it.. This happens randomly, but quite often. I noticed that it only happens when browser security is enabled on the quiz (javascript). This was never a problem before. It seems to be happening on all devices and browsers. Please see the link below for a video of the problem. Thank you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bYUCP65Vg3d4fS-oJSO8_LVh1dIIVfh4/view
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Edward F.

Re: Quizzes with browser security not displaying correctly/disappearing

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Edward,

Did you find the cause of this strange behavior? I tried to reproduce the problem on Moodle versions 3.7.1 and 3.8 (Moodle QA Testing Site), but without success.

From what you say, the problem would not come from devices or browsers. (Did you still try with Firefox on Windows?). Javascript is enabled otherwise the pop-up window would not open. I guess you tried with several quizzes.

Did you clear the site caches (Site Administration / Development / Purge caches)?

Do you use a custom theme? If so, does it correctly define the 'secure' layout type? Can you try your quizzes on a site with a standard theme, Boost or Classic, and see if the problem persists?

In reply to Dominique Bauer

by Edward F. -

Hi Dominique,

Thank you for the reply. I believe that the problem occurs when using the "classic" theme-- after the latest Moodle update, I noticed that the question layout was a little bit strange with this particular theme.  I ended up changing the theme to "boost" and have not had the problem since.

Eddie

In reply to Edward F.

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hello Eddie,

I use Boost, just like Moodle QA Testing Site. I had no problem with this theme that I consider excellent.

I'm glad you solved the problem!