Conversion between HotPot and Quiz

Conversion between HotPot and Quiz

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 2
I know you can export from Hot Potatoes into the quiz format, but is it possible to do it the other way around? Could one create Hot Potatoes activities from existing Moodle quizzes in a more or less automatic way?

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Conversion between HotPot and Quiz

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
At the moment, it is NOT possible to export from the Moodle quiz module to a format that is compatible with Hot Potatoes.

In order to make it possible, it would be necessary to add "export" functions to "mod/quiz/format/hotpot/format.php". There are about 10 such functions. For an explanations and examples of these functions, please see "mod/quiz/format/qti2/format.php".

As a rough estimate, I would say it would take about 20 hours of programming effort to get the export working for all the different question types in Hot Potatoes 6.

Later this year, Hot Potatoes 7 will be with us. I understand this will be compatible with IMS (http://www.imsglobal.org/) and Moodle is already heading in that direction too.

Can you bear to wait? smile
In reply to Gordon Bateson

Re: Conversion between HotPot and Quiz

by Josep M. Fontana -
OK, thanks. I guess it is not worth spending time or money in this if this is going to be possible in the near future.  Actually this is not something I predict I would use a lot but there were a couple of quizzes I thought I would export to HP if there was a way.

Josep M.