Reporting on Question Tags

Reporting on Question Tags

by Troy Patterson -
Number of replies: 1

Hi. I really love the ability to tag questions. It is very useful to filter the questions in a question bank by tags. As we research and move into more Standards Based Grading, it will be extremely useful to report grades (or at least provide feedback) based on tags. 

I have created tags of each Common Core Standard. 

What would be beneficial for teachers is to be able to see a Report based on the Standards per student. For example, a teacher creates a quiz with 10 questions. Each question is tagged with a set standard. Let's say that 3 standards are addressed on the quiz. It would be helpful for the teacher to see that Student A got all 3 questions correct for Standard A (L.4.2.d), but missed the 3 questions on Standard B (L.4.3.b). 

Knowing that the student answered 7 out of 10 questions correct is one thing. Knowing that the student understands two of the three concepts (by getting the 7 questions right that address those, but missing the 3 that address another standard) is a different type of powerful. 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Troy Patterson

Re: Reporting on Question Tags

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I agree, it would also be nice to have an ability to bulk update tags.